Thursday, January 3, 2008

thinking

This is a week of a lot of writing for me. Over the last 7 days I've written over 11,000 words and I'm not done yet. Which means that this week's post is not going to be long or overly theological or heavy or deep. This week is also not going to be the reflection on 7 months of blogging here. I will write that post because there are things I want to share, but not this week. Sorry.
This week is going to be about words, and thinking, and creating. Specifically about how much I appreciate your comments. I know what I think about my work and there seems to be a small, but (amazingly) a growing, group of people who enjoy what I write. However, your comments give me different insight to what I have written and help me appreciate and think about things in new ways. Thank you.

building

word
word
concept
idea
building blocks of thought
come together with another

two
thoughts
complex-
ity born
then we meet people
complexity sprung to the world

talk
Wait
By turns
each other
Exchanges new though
friction rubs new patterns in us

new
strange
springing
communion
forward through us both
creation in old wineskins


written 11-19-07

1 comment:

Josephine- said...

Ah, I love the first verse, for some reason I can feel those words like blocks in my fingers.

I know what you mean about appreciating comments. I think often people seem afraid to comment on poetry and I wish more would. Blessings on all that writing, we'll be here when you've had a chance to breathe!